Kids

Kids

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Surprise Trip!!!

Well - the TRIP wasn't so much a surprise as the destination. It is so rare I am able to keep a secret like this for so long - one that I know will make my kids happy - but I did! I have to admit tho - Agent P saw the shirts I made hanging in the closet and knew we were going to Disneyland. Tell me this...how does a 4 year old who has NEVER been there, have any idea what it is? 

This is Monkey in one of his shirts...(ignore the grouchy face, it didn't last long). I made green and yellow - yes folks, count 'em up, that is 12 shirts. Smartest thing we ever did! We were out numbered 2 kids per 1 adult - and NEVER had a hard time spotting each other! And, we brought them all home :- )!




So after 9 hours 25 minutes, 3 stops and awesome traffic...we found ourselves in Anaheim, where from the rooftop deck we could see DISNEYLAND!




THEN the big boys were excited. When you can see it so close like you can touch it, then you know it's real!  I was a bit remiss about taking appropriate photos for my blog, but let's face it, I was at Disneyland. I got caught up in the excitement of the Magic!!!

But, here are a few to get you started!



Lunch break in the truck





Good Ole Pluto!





Waiting for the Pixar Parade





Mini P gettin' some love





Me, A-Dog and Mini P

We spent 3 very ride packed days between the two parks (Disneyland and California Adventure). It was busier than we thought, but rarely waited too long for rides. I'm pretty sure that we walked about 800 miles a day :- ). 

A-Dog will tell you that his favorite ride was either California Screamin' or Space Mountain. Both were awesome and he had the good luck of riding it twice as often as we did! (Since he got to ride with each of us as we rotated watching the little kids)

Agent P will say that his favorite ride was the Astro Blasters.




This shot is a bit blurry because my Cybershot is not good at action shots :- ) I guess my sweet husband liked the ride too :- )

Mini P and Monkey liked every ride. I think Mini P got a little scared on Pirates of the Caribbean. Other than that, they were real troopers and did anything we wanted to!

I still have a few more days in our vacation to post, but I will let you digest that. I don't want to wear you out or anything!!  Luckily the next few days after Disneyland were relaxing!  Think BEACH and POOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. The first time Dad and his (now ex) wife took all 5 of us kids to D-land she bought us all matching outfits. People may laugh but let me tell ya, IT HELPED. I think you were a smart cookie for doing so!
    Remember the time my mom took you, me and Missy to Disneyland? We were in our teens. We went to that Denny's for breakfast and the kid's menu had an owl mask w/ pop out eyes and we kept putting them over our eyes and making all the business men at another table laugh. LOL I think mom was not as thrilled with the trip as we were, but I remember having a blast!

    ReplyDelete