has 3 great loves. His trucks, his blankie and his Daddy. Anyone who knows us, knows that I am a sad sad substitute for when this boy wants his Daddy. I get it, Daddy is awesome :- ) Plus, I have 3 others if I needed to feel loved and that works out...sometimes :- )
Monkey has started talking just as much as his sister. I have been known to carry on multiple conversations at one time with several kids. So far, I have not promised anything I didn't remember promising :- ). They will gang up on me in a few years tho! Monkey has a unique way of talking and you really have to work hard to understand him.
On many, many words - he leaves off the first letter or 2. Like "ampa". That's "Grandpa". Not too tricky, right? Then there is "ailer" (trailer), "yap" (lap) etc. Here, now you try:
"ocks". Ok, I know. That's a hard one. It could be rocks, socks, clocks, and the list goes on. You can see how the day can be frustrating for the poor boy!!! His mama just shouting out rhyming words until he agrees. And it's not like you can repeat "ocks" and call it good. Oh no. He is waiting for 'word repeat recognition'. Oh joy. But success is sweet!
I really love it when he says 'thanks' to anyone. Very slowly he will say "thanks" makes a pause "mooommmm" or "sis" or "daaadddd" or whomever he is thanking. It is sweet as pie and I melt every time!
He is fierce and loves to roar like a 'scary monster' and chase his brother and sister around the house while they scream "let's get out of here!"
He is never far from a truck, trailer, train, monster truck, car, airplane..you get the idea. he even has several in bed with him to play with if he can't sleep or wakes up early.
Loves on his blanket every chance he gets by sticking it in his mouth. (ya, I know, EW). I wash it as frequently as I can get it away from him, but within hours it is back to the eye watering, nasty smell.
Has the most insanely funny laugh that none of his siblings can mimic (tho they try). It's almost as tho he sucks air in while he laughs instead of breathing out. How he doesn't hyperventilate, I don't know!
Decided he wanted to get potty trained one day (3 weeks ago) and refused a diaper, but couldn't figure it out himself. So he spent 3 days (3 very dark days for me) - and then VIOLA! On a Friday afternoon, emptied his bladder, the light went ON and has been golden since then. They both do diaper at nap and night - but that's IT! YAAAY!
Thinks that he should have anything someone else has. As he says "I had it first". Gee, wonder where he learned that line?
Calls out every semi truck, trailer, tractor, truck with a hitch, RV, etc - while we are driving. Our driving conversations are very exciting like that. The kid could spend the day at a truck stop and not be happier!
He loves to feed the dog, ride his tricycle and play outside.
He doesn't like to have 'stuff' on his hands or fingers and requires getting washed up if this occurs.
Ironically, he is far pickier of an eater than his sister. His size is deceptive :- ) While he never passes up any sort of dessert, he often doesn't eat much dinner. He loves 'ocolate' ice cream (chocolate) from the DQ :- )
He loves his sister and talks to her all the time!
Even on the trampoline at Aunt H's house! (don't you love the static hair???)
He is so sweet and so tender and shy in so many situations. Once he is out of his shell, he is funny and personable and chatty. We would not change one second of having twins in our family. Not one second.
We love you Monkey!


Love his hugs when he first sees me! Then I am second chair to daddy, grandpa,..... but that's okay. I can still get a kiss when I ask for one - with a smile.... gma
ReplyDelete