Kids

Kids

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

At the end of the day...

I've discovered that at the end of the day, I mostly want to lose my self in a book...or watch mindless TV...stare at walls. Certainly not clean up the kitchen. Or any other part of the house. I'm sure my husband is super happy about that. 

Mostly I want to zone out. 

By the end of the day, I've made the 3 littles their breakfast, lunch and dinner. I suppose I should retract 'breakfast', because pouring a drink to go with these organic pastries the kids like or milk into a bowl with cereal may not actually constitute making it. But for the sake of argument, let's just say it does. 

OK. I've made all that.

I've broken up brawls arguments, combed hair, spiked hair, done my own hair. 

I've reminded Monkey that he needs to get ready for school!!!! at least 8 times. Like we don't do it every day or something. 

I've dropped the kids at school.

I've gone to work.

And come back to school to get the kids.

I've picked up the littles, talked about their day, refereed interruptions, divided up the chores, reminded Monkey about his chores, homework, picking up his backpack (see the theme?).

I have accomplished dinner. (I consider fetching, reheating or finding dinner in any manner an accomplishment, so don't be a judger...my people get fed one way or another! :) )

Perhaps started a load of laundry that might still sit in the dryer for a couple days only to be 'fluffed' 4 times. 

It's likely I have at least filled the kitchen sink with hot soapy water and thrown in some dishes that have to be handwashed...so they are ready for my sweet husband. (I'm fantastic like that...)

Often I squeezed a workout in there. 

Or taken Agent P to track/soccer.

Or had youth group with 7 high school students.

I have also (most days) rushed kids thru the shower, said prayers and tucked them in.  

And then. 

I'm just done.

BUT, I am grateful that at the end of the day, they are mine. That all that chaos is mine. My life is not quiet or peaceful. It is not routine or predictable. I've lost the ability to plan farther than 2 hours max. But whatever. It's a great life. And it is mine!

2 comments:


  1. Getting everyone to the end of the day in one piece is considered a huge accomplishment in my book. You do an amazing job~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a terrific job and are a great mother, wife AND daughter!! (And you haven't lost any of them....yet!) :-)

    ReplyDelete